From: Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbenga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] BASH Completion - Mixing directories and executables
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 00:43:23
1 On 2 October 2011 16:37, Alexander Tanyukevich <atanyukevich@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Monday, October 3, 2011, Hilco Wijbenga wrote:
4 >>
5 >> Hi all,
6 >>
7 >> I was wondering if someone had a good suggestion to fix the following:
8 >>
9 >> $> wo<TAB>
10 >> $> word<TAB><TAB>
11 >> $> word
12 >> wordforms          wordlist2hunspell
13 >> $>work<TAB>
14 >> $>workspaces/
15 >>
16 >> I'm trying to reach the "workspaces" directory but BASH completion
17 >> seems to prefer executables. It seems to only list directories if no
18 >> executables are found.
19 >>
20 >> Is it possible to combine them or something like that?
21 >>
22 >> Cheers,
23 >> Hilco
24 >
25 > if you're disable bash completion situation will be the same. That's how it
26 > works.
27 > If you want to reach workspaces you should try:
28 > $./wo<tab>
29
30 I see. That's unfortunate. How do aliases fit in?