From: "Jörg Schaible" <joerg.schaible@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: KDE 5: Broken file protocol for KDE 4 apps
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 17:56:42
1 Michael Mol wrote:
2
3 > On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 11:54:48 PM Jörg Schaible wrote:
4 >> Anyone? After upgrading a second machine to KDE/Plasma 5, I have the same
5 >> behavior there. All KDE-4-based apps fail to interact with the file
6 >> system. Using KMail I can no longer add any attachment to an email nor
7 >> save an existing attachment to disk.
8 >
9 > I'm running KMail (Gentoo doesn't have the KDE5 version in tree yet, so
10 > KDE4), and I send file attachments all the time. So I can say it's at
11 > least not *intrinsically* broken...
12
13 As already said, it is not KMail, it affects any KDE4-based app ... and
14 there are still a lot of them.
15
16 > Much of KDE4 and KDE5 wind up installed side by side, FWIW. I'd suggest
17 > cycling through emerge @preserved-rebuild, revdep-rebuild, depclean, and
18 > see if that shakes something loose.
19
20 My dependency tree is fine.
21
22 > The KDE4->KDE5 transition was generally a royal PITA for me, too, though I
23 > can't remember what all broke...
24
25 I did it in the last 4 weeks on 3 machines. Two have this problem, the third
26 does not.
27
28 However, it has to be something in the local configuration. If I log into
29 another (unused) account in this machine, I don't have this problem :-/
30
31 Cheers,
32 Jörg