From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE 5: Broken file protocol for KDE 4 apps
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 12:40:11
1 On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 11:54:48 PM Jörg Schaible wrote:
2 > Anyone? After upgrading a second machine to KDE/Plasma 5, I have the same
3 > behavior there. All KDE-4-based apps fail to interact with the file system.
4 > Using KMail I can no longer add any attachment to an email nor save an
5 > existing attachment to disk.
6
7 I'm running KMail (Gentoo doesn't have the KDE5 version in tree yet, so KDE4),
8 and I send file attachments all the time. So I can say it's at least not
9 *intrinsically* broken...
10
11 Much of KDE4 and KDE5 wind up installed side by side, FWIW. I'd suggest
12 cycling through emerge @preserved-rebuild, revdep-rebuild, depclean, and see
13 if that shakes something loose.
14
15 The KDE4->KDE5 transition was generally a royal PITA for me, too, though I
16 can't remember what all broke...
19 :wq