From: Fannys <marinus.savoritias@×××××××.dev>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gtk+ package question
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 21:58:19
1 On May 29, 2021 8:28:42 PM UTC, Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 >I just noticed that the package x11-libs/gtk+ has slots 2 and 3
3 >(nothing new there) however, it seems that version 4 has a totally new
4 >
5 >package gui-libs/gtk with only slot 0 (no explicit slot listed) with
6 >currently ~4.2.0 and 4.2.1 versions available. I've done a quick
7 >search through the announce and dev mailing lists, and not found
8 >anything relevant. Is this an intentional switch? I don't think there
9 >
10 >is much yet that uses version 4, but is there any planned migration
11 >path?
12 >
13 >Have I missed something?
14 >
15 >Thanks for any info.
16 >
17 >Jack
18
19 For the part of the category change it is to my uderstanding that gentoo is slowly moving from x11 style categories to gui-* .
20 Partly due to the wayland starting to become used more. I noticed with sway first on that.
21 As for the slot part somebody more knowledgeable than me can chime in.
22
23 Regards,
24 Marinus

pEpkey.asc application/pgp-keys