From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Stable users: libpng-1.4
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 20:45:36
1 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 100704 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> My KDE wouldn't start either. Actually, kdm wouldn't start.
5 >> Sort of have to have one to get to the other.
6 >> I didn't like the idea of not having my GUI either.
7 >>
8 > That's why I stopped using a GUI login many years ago (smile).
9 > I login to a raw terminal, then 'startx': avoids lots of troubles.
13 Wouldn't help if KDE wouldn't load tho. A lot of the packages being
14 rebuilt was KDE after all. One of them kdelibs which is a biggie.
15 Hmmm, spell check likes the word "biggie" now. Odd. I guess Wendy's
16 hit big time. lol Also, I use Seamonkey to surf and check emails and
17 it was being rebuilt too. If I had known this before hand tho, I would
18 have waited until I was going to bed and let it compile while I was
19 napping. Roughly 12 hours of compile time. :/
20
21 Dale
22