From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Stable users: libpng-1.4
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 05:15:29
1 On 2010-07-04, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> 100704 Dale wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> My KDE wouldn't start either. Actually, kdm wouldn't start.
6 >>> Sort of have to have one to get to the other.
7 >>> I didn't like the idea of not having my GUI either.
8 >>>
9 >> That's why I stopped using a GUI login many years ago (smile).
10 >> I login to a raw terminal, then 'startx': avoids lots of troubles.
11 >
12 > Wouldn't help if KDE wouldn't load tho.
13
14 The point is that if you always start with a text login, it's easy to
15 log in and fix whatever keeps X/KDE from working. That's why I gave
16 up on graphical logins about 15 years ago.
19 Grant