From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: line wrap over in xterm/konsole
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 22:38:43
1 On 6/21/19 4:20 PM, Jorge Almeida wrote:
2 > Nope. Just plain xterm (which I use a lot). BTW: it also works
3 > remotely, via ssh. $TERM is "xterm".
4
5 What use terms do you have enabled (that impact XTerm)?
6
7 Please post the output of equery uses x11-terms/xterm.
8
9 > XTerm(337)
10
11 I think that's the current version in portage. I have 346 via an overlay.
12
13 > No idea, then.
14
15 I will say that long command lines get re-wrapped. But that's the shell.
16
17 If you do an ls -l, get the output, then resize the window narrower, are
18 you saying that the output from ls gets rewrapped?
19
20 What happens if you widen the window to or beyond it's original size?
21
22 I would love to know what you have done that is allowing the behavior
23 that I /think/ you are describing.