From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: line wrap over in xterm/konsole
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 22:21:05
1 On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 9:16 PM Grant Taylor
2 <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
3 >
4 > On 6/21/19 2:04 PM, Jorge Almeida wrote:
5 > > My xterm wraps & resizes just fine (e.g., a long line wraps;
6 > > on maximizing the window, contents are redrawn and use just one
7 > > line, if it fits). I don't think I did anything special for this
8 > > to work.
9 >
10 > That surprises me.
11 >
12 > Are you automatically running screen or tmux or similar? They can do this.
13
14 Nope. Just plain xterm (which I use a lot). BTW: it also works
15 remotely, via ssh. $TERM is "xterm".
18 > This is the first time I've heard anyone indicate that XTerm itself did
19 > this.
20 >
21 > What version of XTerm are you running? What is the output of "xterm
22 > -version"?
23 XTerm(337)
27 > > Maybe it's window manager related? I use openbox. My USE variables
28 > > for xterm are the same as Mick's.
29 >
30 > The window manager should not have any effect on what's inside the window.
31 >
32 No idea, then.
33
34 Jorge