From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: line wrap over in xterm/konsole
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 20:15:56
1 On 6/21/19 2:04 PM, Jorge Almeida wrote:
2 > My xterm wraps & resizes just fine (e.g., a long line wraps;
3 > on maximizing the window, contents are redrawn and use just one
4 > line, if it fits). I don't think I did anything special for this
5 > to work.
6
7 That surprises me.
8
9 Are you automatically running screen or tmux or similar? They can do this.
10
11 This is the first time I've heard anyone indicate that XTerm itself did
12 this.
13
14 What version of XTerm are you running? What is the output of "xterm
15 -version"?
16
17 > Maybe it's window manager related? I use openbox. My USE variables
18 > for xterm are the same as Mick's.
19
20 The window manager should not have any effect on what's inside the window.