From: wraeth <wraeth@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] making bootable USB
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2014 09:42:38
1 On Mon, 1 Sep 2014 09:51:10 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > The ISO image has to be created as a "hybrid" image for this to work.
3
4 I'm pretty sure the Gentoo minimal image is - I've been dd'ing the iso's for
5 quite a while now, and it's always been a simple case of download, verify, dd.
6
7 Besides, running `fdisk -l /path/to/image.iso` does return a partition list
8 (of one NTFS/Hidden partition) for me, using a standard unmodified minimal
9 iso.
10
11 It's certainly worth noting, but in this case, OP is using a minimal image
12 (install-amd64-minimal-20140828.iso).
15 wraeth