From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] boot problem since devfs-udev switch
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 20:34:21
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 >
3 > uname -a
4 > Linux energy 2.6.12-gentoo-r4 #2 Thu Jul 14 07:37:15 CEST 2005 i686 AMD
5 > Athlon(tm) XP 2000+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
6 >
7 > it bootet fine with devfs, oh, and the config is the same since ages, three
8 > days later, I switched to udev.
9 >
10 > Btw, I greped the config for random/urandom, there was nothing found. Hm,
11 > where should I look?
14 There's no Kconfig option because the random number generator is a required feature. I don't see how it could be a udev issue because the /dev/urandom device file is either there or not and after that it's the kernel's responsibility. I would build a new kernel.
15
16 Zac
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list