From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Rusty problems
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 07:25:28
1 On 28/4/21 3:04 pm, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On Tuesday, April 27, 2021 10:53:11 PM CEST Alan Mackenzie wrote:
3 >> Hello, Gentoo.
4 >>
5 >> I'm having problems building rust.
6 [snip]
7 ...
8 ...
9 [snip]
10 >
11 > Hope this helps,
12 >
13 > Joost
18 I fall into the same camp as Matt. My machine uses Rust only for the
19 Mozilla family of stuff so the "-bin" is fine for me. A 30 sec. download
20 Vs many hours compiling feels about right to me. Obviously, if you are
21 actually doing development using Rust you may want to tweak things so a
22 compile might be the way to go there.
23
24 Andrew