From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge kdeaddons fails
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:39:52
1 On 12/29/05, schroder@×××××.net <schroder@×××××.net> wrote:
2 > My kmail is broken and remerging kdepim hasn't fixed it, so I figured that I
3 > should rebuild arts kdelibs, kdeaddond and then kdepim. (I arrived at this from
4 > reading messages while kdepim was running.) At this point, I'm stuck on
5 > kdeaddons which fails with the message below. I've remerged acl and attr
6 > without help. Suggestions? I've run revdep-rebuild and fix_libtool_files.sh
7 > 3.3.6 (at least from logs, that was the previous version of gcc)
8 > SynthModule_stub::start()'
9 > /usr/kde/3.5/lib/libartsmodules.so: undefined reference to `virtual thunk to
10 > Arts::SynthModule_stub::streamStart()'
11 > /usr/kde/3.5/lib/libartsmodules.so: undefined reference to `virtual thunk to
12 > Arts::SynthModule_stub::stop()'
13
14 This looks like a gcc 3.3 vs 3.4 ABI (application binary interface)
15 mismatch. Try:
16
17 revdep-rebuild --library libstdc++.so.5
18
19 This should rebuild several things, including arts.
20
21 -Richard
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list