From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge colors and light background
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 00:08:54
1 On 19/04/18 16:28, John Blinka wrote:
2 > My sympathies to the OP. I fought against dark terminal backgrounds
3 > for years (paper is white and ink is black, right?), tweaked all the
4 > colors through every mechanism I knew of, and never did arrive at a
5 > satisfactory result.
6
7 Paper is reflective, and ink absorbs light - the opposite of a screen,
8 where the background is dark and the text emits light.
9
10 You do know green is a primary colour, right?
11
12 I'm not saying you're wrong to want a light background and dark text,
13 but there are good reasons for why a screen defaults to the opposite of
14 paper. (And defaults don't work for everybody :-)
15
16 Cheers,
17 Wol
18
19 (The three *subtractive* primaries are the well-known red, yellow and
20 blue. The three *additive* primaries are red, *green* and blue. Probably
21 (one of) the reasons why old terminals were "green screen".)