From: pat@××××××××.org
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT?} which fs on 1.8TB partition
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2017 18:31:35
1 On 2017-10-06 20:12, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On 5 October 2017 22:45:50 GMT+02:00, christos kotsis
3 > <christo.kotsi@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> I just noticed that ReiserFS has significant performance over ext3, 4
5 >> when
6 >> dealing with small files.
7 >>
8 >> On 5 Oct 2017 11:32 pm, "christos kotsis" <christo.kotsi@×××××.com>
9 >> wrote:
10 >>
11 >> If the big data are used often,and I/O performance is desirable, then
12 >> I
13 >> would go for two partitions.
14 >> One would be either ext3 or ext4, with huge block size, while the
15 >> second
16 >> could be one of two with small block size(minimum 1024).