From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Change the case of file names
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 07:09:41
1 On 7/3/07, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Monday 02 July 2007 23:08, Willie Wong wrote:
3 >
4 > > from 'info sed' -> Examples
5 > >
6 > > #! /bin/sh
7 > > # rename files to lower/upper case...
8 > [snip...]
9 >
10 > > (And don't ask me why I remember this particular example being in the
11 > > sed info page ;p )
12 >
13 > WOW! I didn't expect so many ways to get this done, thanks guys for all your
14 > suggestions. :)
15 > --
16 > Regards,
17 > Mick
21 If you want something that should work on all linuxes in theory
22 without the need for changing the disk standard to something thats
23 potentially incompatible with a given system ( say for example for
24 some reason your target machine cant for some forsaken reason read
25 joliet enabled disks ) you may wish to look for the 'trans.tbl'
26 option, which to the best of my knowlege creates a file on the disk
27 explaining the real-full-length version of a shortened filename
28 without having to munge the disk standard. ( I think of it like a
29 meta-data-in-file-on-filesystem instead of
30 alter-filesystem-spec-to-handle-metadata option )
31
32 ( Ok, its obsolete, but has saved my bacon once or twice )
33
34 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRANS.TBL
35 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_9660#Extensions
38 Kent
39 ruby -e '[1, 2, 4, 7, 0, 9, 5, 8, 3, 10, 11, 6, 12, 13].each{|x|
40 print "enNOSPicAMreil kdrtf@×××.com"[(2*x)..(2*x+1)]}'
41 --
42 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list