From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Change the case of file names
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 18:50:59
1 On Wednesday 04 July 2007 08:03, Kent Fredric wrote:
2
3 > If you want something that should work on all linuxes in theory
4 > without the need for changing the disk standard to something thats
5 > potentially incompatible with a given system ( say for example for
6 > some reason your target machine cant for some forsaken reason read
7 > joliet enabled disks ) you may wish to look for the 'trans.tbl'
8 > option, which to the best of my knowlege creates a file on the disk
9 > explaining the real-full-length version of a shortened filename
10 > without having to munge the disk standard. ( I think of it like a
11 > meta-data-in-file-on-filesystem instead of
12 > alter-filesystem-spec-to-handle-metadata option )
13 >
14 > ( Ok, its obsolete, but has saved my bacon once or twice )
15 >
16 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRANS.TBL
17 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_9660#Extensions
18
19 Thanks Kent, how do I specify that option? Is it in k3b?
20 --
21 Regards,
22 Mick