From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Change the case of file names
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 20:29:54
1 On 7/5/07, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 04 July 2007 08:03, Kent Fredric wrote:
3 >
4 > > If you want something that should work on all linuxes in theory
5 > > without the need for changing the disk standard to something thats
6 > > potentially incompatible with a given system ( say for example for
7 > > some reason your target machine cant for some forsaken reason read
8 > > joliet enabled disks ) you may wish to look for the 'trans.tbl'
9 > > option, which to the best of my knowlege creates a file on the disk
10 > > explaining the real-full-length version of a shortened filename
11 > > without having to munge the disk standard. ( I think of it like a
12 > > meta-data-in-file-on-filesystem instead of
13 > > alter-filesystem-spec-to-handle-metadata option )
14 > >
15 > > ( Ok, its obsolete, but has saved my bacon once or twice )
16 > >
17 > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRANS.TBL
18 > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_9660#Extensions
19 >
20 > Thanks Kent, how do I specify that option? Is it in k3b?
21 > --
22 > Regards,
23 > Mick
27 I believe its on the 'advanced settings' or something page with old k3b.
28 The new one its listed as 'create TRANS.TBL' files' under the
29 customize button on the filesystems tab of the properties dialog.
32 Kent
33 ruby -e '[1, 2, 4, 7, 0, 9, 5, 8, 3, 10, 11, 6, 12, 13].each{|x|
34 print "enNOSPicAMreil kdrtf@×××.com"[(2*x)..(2*x+1)]}'
35 --
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list