From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Which USB device on which controller?
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 17:31:08
1 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2009-02-27, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >> I'm looking at the box of one of the webcams and it says "USB 2.0
6 >> compatible".
9 > A USB 1.1 device _is_ "USB 2.0 compatible" because a USB 2.0
10 > will slow down and run at 1.1 speed. Does the device say it's
11 > "high speed" USB? "USB 2.0 compatible" generally means it's a
12 > USB 1.1 device.
15 >> It's not a cable problem because the cable is built right into
16 >> the webcam. I'm not trying to get the webcam to go faster
17 >> back and forth to the controller, I just need to make sure I
18 >> don't have both webcams on the same OHCI (1.1) USB controller.
19 >> I would think buying a USB expansion card would work, but I
20 >> have an EHCI (2.0) controller on this system and a second OHCI
21 >> (1.1) controller.
22 >>
23 >> Does anyone have any idea on this. It really doesn't make sense.
26 > Sounds like it's a 1.1 device to me.
30 Yep, that's what it sounds like to me too.
31
32 Dale
33