From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Equaliser in xmms - does nt work
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 21:42:59
1 Alexey Starinsky wrote:
2
3 >Hello, all!
4 >
5 >May be that is a stupid question, but please, could someone do this
6 >check: try to tune equaliser in xmms in way that can be obviously
7 >heard, and listen, is there ANY difference in sound by turning it ON
8 >and OFF.
9 >I noticed that it does not work quite long period of time (after XMMS ebuild
10 >became split apart from XMMS plugins), but I thought it is just my
11 >bugs. Recently I installed new gentoo on totally diferent hardware,
12 >and ... surprise - no equaliser again - just the same sound, but it
13 >DID work long ago before! Re-emerging did not help. Revdep-rebuild -
14 >also didn't.
15 >Any ideas?
19 The xmms equalizer only works for mp3 files. Perhaps you are listening
20 to another format?
21
22 I suggest trying BMP or amaroK, both of which have equalizers that will
23 work with any media.
24
25 -Richard
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list