From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [ANNOUNCE] I like systemd now :)
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 00:16:36
1 pk wrote:
2 > On 2012-11-09 23:53, walt wrote:
3 >
4 >> You Lennart haters out there (and I was one of you not so long ago ;)
5 >> now I think he's not so bad after all. He just doesn't know yet how to
6 >> explain things properly to old farts.
7 > Good for you. I really don't see the point in preaching systemd's
8 > greatness (or Lennart's). I'm not going to try it anyway. Also, I really
9 > don't see a point in booting fast (and I don't see anything wrong with
10 > openrc). So why do you feel the need to preach? Just curious...
11 >
12 > Best regards
13 >
14 > Peter K
19 I don't worry about boot up times much either. Here is why:
20
21 root@fireball / # uptime
22 18:09:00 up 48 days, 11:18, 3 users, load average: 0.18, 0.25, 0.30
23 root@fireball / #
26 As long as the local power company gives me power, I'm running. My rig,
27 fast as it might be, pulls significantly less power than my old rig that
28 is only about a tenth as fast. So, faster rig, less power. I can
29 handle that.
30
31 As long as I can have good uptimes, I just don't see any need to convert
32 to something I only use once every couple months.
33
34 Now for someone who has to reboot a lot, sounds windowish doesn't it,
35 then by all means convert to systemd or whatever suites your fancy. As
36 always, what works for one doesn't suite the needs of another. That's
37 why we use Gentoo. We get to use what suites us. ;-)
38
39 Dale
40
44 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!