From: Hal Martin <hal.martin@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dell PowerEdge 750 problem
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 10:57:36
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Thursday 10 April 2008 15:04:56 Amar Cosic wrote:
5 >> Block device /dev/sda3 is not valid root device...
6 >> Could not find the root block device in.
9 > Is AHCI set up correctly in your BIOS? Try toggling it and see if that
10 > helps.
13 On these lines, what CPU does this thing use? AFAIK Lilo has some issues
14 with newer (specifically AMD64 and 64-bit systems) hardware. I'm aware
15 that this server is equipped with an Intel CPU, but could it be that
16 Lilo simply doesn't support your hardware?
17
18 Unfortunately, it is proving harder than I expected to find a list of
19 Lilo supported hardware.
20
21 -Hal
22 --