From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Full battery laptop only 1 hour
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 20:51:57
1 On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 1:40 PM Nuno Silva <nunojsilva@×××××××.pt> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 2022-09-12, Guillermo García wrote:
4 >
5 > > Hello guys,
6 > >
7 > > I bought a laptop and i got like 4 hours of batter life, everything
8 > > ok, (using more than 1 vm, etc), however now in idle my laptop has
9 > > only 1 hour of life, which is really annoying because its a brand new
10 > > laptop bought one year before.
11 >
12 > Did anything change? Is this the same system/install which used to last
13 > 4 hours on idle? Or, when you say "brand new bought one year before",
14 > you mean it wasn't used before?
15 >
16 > --
17 > Nuno Silva
20 Battery life can change over time. I've had batteries that after a couple of
21 years just didn't last as long. I've purchased a few replacement batteries
22 from Amazon and one of them didn't hold charge at all.
23
24 1 year is pretty short but possibly he might buy a new battery as
25 a test. They generally aren't overly expensive.
26
27 Or how about booting just to a console and testing how long
28 the machine stays up?