From: Todd Goodman <tsg@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Do we have any Blender build experts in the house?
Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 14:32:40
1 * Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au> [160528 13:59]:
2 > Hi all,
3 > I'm attempting to build Blender, 2,7,6 but am running into a problem
4 > during linking. I am getting a series of errors referring to an, for
5 > example:
6 >
7 > unresolved reference to 'Imf_2_1::Header::view[abi:cxx11]() const
8 >
9 > There are a whole series of these errors all referencing undefined
10 > things contained within a library called "Imf_2_1". I've done some
11 > googling and I think this is something to do with a library from
12 > Industrial Light & Magic but other than that, I can't work things out.
13 > Has anyone come across this sort of problem before I have to post the
14 > whole gory details of this problem.
15 >
16 > Any thoughts greatly appreciated,
17 > Andrew
18
19 When I've seen errors like that in the past my first step has been to
20 make sure all my libraries have been rebuilt with the new GCC.
21
22 Don't know if this is your issue and could be completely off, but a
23 recent news entry is:
24
25 2015-10-22-gcc-5-new-c++11-abi
26 Title GCC 5 Defaults to the New C++11 ABI
27 Author Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
28 Posted 2015-10-22
29 Revision 2
30
31 GCC 5 uses the new C++ ABI by default. When building new code,
32 you might run
33 into link time errors that include lines similar to:
34 ...: undefined reference to
35 '_ZNSt6chrono12steady_clock3nowEv@GLIBCXX_3.4.17'
36
37 Or you might see linkage failures with "std::__cxx11::string" in
38 the output.
39
40 These are signs that you need to rebuild packages using the new
41 C++ ABI.
42 You can quickly do so by using revdep-rebuild (from gentoolkit).
43
44 For gentoolkit-0.3.1 or higher:
45 # revdep-rebuild --library 'libstdc++.so.6' -- --exclude gcc
46
47 For previous versions of gentoolkit:
48 # revdep-rebuild --library 'libstdc\+\+\.so\.6' -- --exclude gcc
49
50 For more details, feel free to peruse:
51 https://developerblog.redhat.com/2015/02/05/gcc5-and-the-c11-abi/
52 https://blogs.gentoo.org/blueness/2015/03/10/the-c11-abi-incompatibility-problem-in-gentoo/