From: Steven Lembark <lembark@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: lembark@×××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Q: What is "python-exec2c"? Why would "python3" dispatched through it not see an installed copy of pyyaml?
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2021 23:52:56
1 > > Q: Is there no way to have a consistent version of Python on
2 > > the system?
3 >
4 > Yes, make sure PYTHON_TARGETS and your chosen version of python match.
5
6 Q: How do I know which verson of python is suitable?
7
8 I never deal with the language... last I saw was some news that
9 turn off the targets would be preferable. Is there some real
10 advantage to targets vs target (i.e., at this point is it reasonable
11 to just have a single target)?
12
13 I'm still not sure, however, why a module installed with python 3.8
14 would leave portage disfunctional if that version were selected.
15
16 Thanks
20 Steven Lembark
21 Workhorse Computing