From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NVidia drivers and vanilla kernel Linux 4.7.0 anyone?
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2016 03:51:09
1 james <garftd@×××××××.net> [16-07-30 20:52]:
2 > On 07/30/2016 01:15 PM, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 >
4 > >>>Short qyestion: How can I apply it...I mean...as soon as I do an
5 > >>>emerge, either the original source will be unpacked or my package
6 > >>>will be rejected for being modified an different from the one, which
7 > >>>does not compile...
8 >
9 > >>http://tinyurl.com/jur3t8v
10 >
11 > >Meino
12 >
13 > I think that is true for EAPI-5. EAPI-6 or later ebuilds should only
14 > require the patch be located in the dir with the sources
15 > (/usr/portage<cat/pak> or /usr/local/portage/<cat/pak>, I think.
16 > (epatch-users is good to google on. There might be a bit more to it,
17 > but just google. Also, there are some eclasses that help this out a bit
18 > for more complicated hacks. [1]
19 >
20 > 1] https://devmanual.gentoo.org/eclass-reference/
23 > Usually, the best thing to do is put (your) patches and a full copy of
24 > the ebuild into /usr/local/portage, for a guy like you who is hacking
25 > at ebuilds for embedded boards anyway.
28 > proxy-maint folks are the best to answer these question and help you,
29 > cause there are always twists and bumps along the way, like
30 > dependencies slightly changed and thus requiring a tweak. Unfortunately
31 > they are only available on the irc channel. Hopefully on of the devs
32 > will clear this up even further, as last time I looked, this is a
33 > subject that the devManual has not fully documented, or anyone compiled
34 > a few examples for user to look at. It's a moving target depending on
35 > the EAPI-level of the ebuild.
38 > hth,
39 > James
42 Hi James,