From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nvidia-drivers stopped working
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 19:37:44
1 On Sonntag, 5. August 2007, Ernie Schroder wrote:
2 > A few days ago I ran my updates and nvidia-settings was updated to
3 > 1.0.20070302 All was good until last night. I openen konqueror to browse my
4 > home dir and I got a mime-type error and no files displayed. Trying to do
5 > konqueror /home/ernie gave me errors that I can't quote but mime types was
6 > mentioned again. Assuming that something was just hung up I did top which
7 > showed X using 95% cpu Killing java_vm, firefox, kmail and any suspected
8 > cpu hogs had no effect so I killed X and attempted to restart it.
9
10 'suspected'? ps aux, and/or (h)top should show you the hog.
13 > nvidia-drivers is currently at 100.14.09. I need advice getting this
14 > straight. Is there a file where nvidia-settings keeps config
15
16 ~/.nvidia-settings-rc
17
18 > data other
19 > than xorg.conf? should I update to the masked nvidia-drivers-100.14.11 ?
20
21 yes.
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list