From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Source Code?
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 09:01:34
1 On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 11:19 -0600, Raj Swaminathan wrote:
2
3 > thanks Iain, Winston and Willie for all your help. I was looking
4 > specifically for the coreutils package and did not know where to find
5 > it.
6
7 aha, a little more information in the original email goes a long way :)
8
9 > Iain, i run gentoo so i do have the patched versions of what i need,
10 > thanks.
11
12 no worries. If you're wondering what a particular part of /bin belongs
13 to what package, emerge app-portage/gentoolkit and then use "equery
14 belongs /bin/something" so find out.
15
16 > But from you've said Im just curious to know if patched versions of
17 > the coreutils package will be available for download directly form the
18 > mirrors of distros like debian, slackware, ubuntu, suse Fedora's
19 > mirror had coreutils-5.2.1-48.1.x86_64.rpm but im not sure if thats
20 > patched.
21
22 As far as I recall for Fedora (haven't used it in a while) what you
23 download as a src.rpm is already patched the way Fedora has compiled it
24 to make the rpm. I don't know about the others, but I assume all binary
25 distro's would be the same or similar...
26
27 HTH,
31 "Quite frankly, I don't like you humans. After what you all have done,
32 I find being 'inhuman' a compliment."
33 -- Spider Robinson, "Callahan's Secret"
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list