From: Hung Dang <hungptit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't see /dev/hda1,2,3 but I know they exist...
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 06:56:24
1 On 02/18/10 22:49, James Homuth wrote:
2 > I performed a bit of an update on my laptop a day or two ago, and
3 > after reboot, I lost the ability to do anything with /dev/hda*. I
4 > currently have 0 swap space, and according to stat, ls etc, they don't
5 > exist. But, booting to an install CD I burned for diagnostic purposes,
6 > it sees them just fine. Also, and this is the strange part. It boots
7 > no problem, so the OS is able to mount at least /dev/hda3, even though
8 > from the command line I'm not seeing it. I'm probably missing
9 > something completely dead obvious (it's after midnight here and all),
10 > and Google's turning up nothing, so if someone could kindly slap me in
11 > the face with it, that'd be appreciated. Thanks either way for
12 > whatever help comes my way.
13 How about /dev/sda1,2,3?
14
15 Hung