From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg.conf (HDMI vs DVI-D)
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 18:41:53
1 On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 1:31 PM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > We'll I've got a new samsung monitor 2333HD-1
3 > that is verified 1920x1080.
4 >
5 > Finally, I got it working on a dvi-d-2-dvi-d video cable
6 > with no problems...(minimal xorg.conf) and ati-drivers.
9 > OK, so I switch to a DVI-D<on video card> to HDMI
10 > on the monitor and it comes in, but the bottom and sides
11 > are missing.
12
13 I guess this is the question to me:
14
15 Is the monitor doing overscan on HDMI?
16 or
17 Is the ATI driver doing underscan on HDMI based on the assumption that
18 the monitor will overscan?
19
20 Check if your monitor on-screen menu has overscan settings (or change
21 it to "PC Mode" or something, the manufacturers all have different
22 terminology). Otherwise if it has no settings you'll have to conitunue
23 messing with the ATI drivers instead.