From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I don't want to upgrade to xorg-x11-7.0
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 22:26:46
1 On 4/6/06, Daevid Vincent <daevid@××××××.com> wrote:
2 > server portage # cat /etc/portage/package.mask
3 > =x11-base/xorg-x11-6.8.2-r6
4
5 You did the opposite of what you wanted to do...you masked out only
6 the current 6.8 version. What you want is:
7
8 >=x11-base/xorg-x11-7
9
10 However, I doubt there will be any more releases of 6.x. You may also
11 find yourself masking out more and more parts of the modular X tree.
12 If you want to keep updating this system, avoiding modular X is going
13 to be more and more difficult.
14
15 BTW, did you happen to try the open-source nv driver on your laptop?
16
17 -Richard
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list