From: "Taiidan@×××.com" <Taiidan@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SR-IOV for RAID/HBA's? anyone tried it?
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2017 17:36:22
1 On 07/02/2017 02:51 AM, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2
3 > On July 1, 2017 11:23:06 PM GMT+02:00, "Taiidan@×××.com" <Taiidan@×××.com> wrote:
4 >> I am wondering if anyone has tried this, apparently several LSI
5 >> controllers support portioning out drives to VF's so the guest sees a
6 >> controller with those drives attached to it.
7 >>
8 >> What was your experience like? and what controllers did you use?
11 >> - Thanks
12 > I am wondering when I would want this?
13 So you only need one HBA/RAID card per system if you want more than one
14 VM with quality performance.
15 It'll always be faster than an emulated disk.
16 > Either the VM needs a fraction of a single disk. Or it needs multiple disks.
17 >
18 > For the latter case, I prefer to pass an entire HBA.
19 Which one do you have and does yours support FLR?