From: grante@××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: ati-drivers text corruption problem.
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 03:23:51
1 In gmane.linux.gentoo.user, you wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 17:17 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >> All of the recent ati-drivers seem to have a bug that corrupts
4 >> contents of some scrolling text windows. It looks like this:
5 >>
6 >> http://www.visi.com/~grante/fglrxbug.png
7 >
8 > wow, never seen that and I've used most versions of ati-drivers up to
9 > x11-drivers/ati-drivers-8.37.6-r1
10
11 The only program it reliably happens with is aterm. Other
12 terminal programs don't seem to trigger the bug. I suspect
13 that rxvt will also trigger it since they share a lot of code.
14 I'm not sure when it started to happen. I think it worked OK
15 back in the 8.2x series, but you can't run those drivers with
16 newer kernels and new versions of xorg.
17
18 > maybe provide your card specs?
19
20 It's an IBM Thinkpad with an M22 X300 chipset w/ 64MB of
21 RAM. I can look up the chipset rev tomorrow.
22
23 >> The Xorg "radeon" driver doesn't have this problem, but DRI
24 >> support in that driver doesn't work for some of the programs I
25 >> run.
26 >
27 > unfortunately, neither the xorg radeon driver nor the ati radeon driver
28 > give me very good performance... on a RV350 "Mobility Radeon 9600 M10".
29
30 Yea, I've noticed that. The radeon driver DRI support only
31 works for some programs and at about a 20% reduced frame rate.
34 Grant Edwards grante Yow! Oh, I get it!! "The
35 at BEACH goes on", huh,
36 visi.com SONNY??
37 --
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list