From: P Levine <plevine457@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Is "-flto" supported by Gentoo?
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 02:20:11
1 A while back I decided to try my hand at including " -flto" in my
2 C{XX}FLAGS and do `emerge -e @world`. Needless to say, by the end of it my
3 "/etc/portage/package.env" was filled with a list of packages that had to
4 disable the flag either because it failed to build or broke other builds.
5 I never reported them as bugs because I always assumed the flag was unsafe
6 and unsupported by Gentoo.
7
8 Lately, I have been trying to fix some GCC-6 related bugs and have come
9 across some bug reports that seem possibly more "-flto" related than GCC-6
10 related. Doing a search for "-flto", Gentoo bugtracker, a number of open
11 bugreports clearly show them to be "-flto" bugs in their titles.
12
13 Does Gentoo support the "-flto" flag and are "-flto" related bugreports
14 valid?