From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I am a "f*****g retard". Can you help me?
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 20:06:29
1 On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 21:55:59 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > > Isn't that exactly what --keep-going does, skips any packages that
4 > > depends on the failed package and merge the rest?
5 >
6 > Yes, it does. The focus of my post was to highlight that it can be
7 > done, but is best done as an option, not as default.
8
9 I certainly wasn't suggesting that it should be the default, for at least
10 two reasons. Firstly, there is a potential risk - secondly, it is changing
11 the default behaviour of a program, which is rarely the best idea,
12
13 > This thread is getting a tad complex, it's getting hard to tell if a
14 > specific post is talking about if --keep-going is even a good idea at
15 > all, or if it should be an option/default...
16
17 I don't think it was ever discussed as anything but an option, but I
18 could be even more confused than you...
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Overcome by jealousy, Data dismembers the Energizer Bunny
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 Brain fried -- core dumped.
28 Neil Bothwick
29
30 "Do not handicap your children by making their lives easy."
31 -- Robert Heinlein
32 Neil Bothwick
33
34 You have a tendency to feel you are superior to most computers.
35 Neil Bothwick
36
37 Due to inflation, all clouds will now be lined with zinc.
38 Neil Bothwick
39
40 Anything not nailed down is a cat toy...
41 Neil Bothwick
42
43 If you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail. *
44 Maslow Neil Bothwick
45
46 Death is proven to be 99.9% fatal to all laboratory rats.
47 Neil Bothwick
48
49 Politicians are like nappies
50 Both should be changed regularly, and for the same reason
51 Neil Bothwick
52
53 "But, I DO know everything." - Q.
54 Neil Bothwick
55
56 He does the work of 3 Men...Moe, Larry & Curly
57 Neil Bothwick
58
59 If the cops arrest a mime, do they tell her she has the right to remain
60 silent? Neil Bothwick
61
62 Stop the turbolift! Worf's carsick again...
63 Neil Bothwick
64
65 Oregano: the ancient Italian art of pizza folding.
66 Neil Bothwick
67
68 If God had intended Man to program, we'd be born with serial I/O ports.
69 Neil Bothwick
70
71 I'm not broke, I'm `financially challenged'.
72 Neil Bothwick
73
74 Sex is hereditary. If your parents never had it, chances are you wont
75 either. - Neil Bothwick
76
77 Some day my ship will come in, but with my luck, I'll be at the airport.
78 Neil Bothwick
79
80 "Bad dog! Leave that wire alone.....click.....###@*##....NO TERRIER
81 Neil Bothwick
82
83 No wanna work. Wanna bang on keyboard.
84 Neil Bothwick
85
86 If I want your opinion, I'll ask you to fill out the necessary form.
87 Neil Bothwick
88
89 "What I need is a list of specific unknown problems we will encounter."
90 Neil Bothwick
91
92 ... "Yummy," said Pooh, as he hilted his paw into the "honeypot".
93 Neil Bothwick
94
95 What Aussies lack in Humour they make up for in Beer!
96 Neil Bothwick
97
98 Be nice to moderators. They HATE that!
99 Neil Bothwick
100
101 Are parttime band leaders semi-conductors?
102 Neil Bothwick
103
104 Two most common elements: Hydrogen and Stupidity
105 Neil Bothwick
106
107 Plagarism prohibited. Derive carefully.
108 Neil Bothwick
109
110 Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue...
111 Neil Bothwick
112
113 ... Veni, Vidi, Visa - I came, I saw, I charged it.
114 Neil Bothwick
115
116 Don't just do something, sit there!
117 Neil Bothwick
118
119 MICROSOFT: Most Intelligent Customers Realize Our Software Only Fools
120 Teenagers Neil Bothwick
121
122 Crayons can take you more places than starships. * Guinan
123 Neil Bothwick
124
125 Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.
126 Neil Bothwick
127
128 Custer was fitted for an Arrow shirt.
129 Neil Bothwick
130
131 What do you get if you cross an agnostic, an insomniac and adyslexic?
132 Someone who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a dog.
133 Neil Bothwick
134
135 Atheism is a non-prophet organization.",
136 Neil Bothwick
137
138 What did the first man to discover you can get milk from cows think he
139 was doing? - anon.
140 Neil Bothwick
141
142 "Bother," said Pooh, as his 'B' sample tested positive.
143 Neil Bothwick
144
145 Computer (n): A device designed to speed and automate errors.
146 Neil Bothwick
147
148 Bald spot? No -- solar panel for brain power
149 Neil Bothwick
150
151 Use the Force, Luke, Don't give in to the DOS side.- ObiWan Kenobi
152 Neil Bothwick
153
154 Set phasers to extreme itching!
155 Neil Bothwick
156
157 Drive not ready: (R)etry (G)o to Impulse (C)all Engineering
158 Neil Bothwick
159
160 Okay, I pulled the pin. Now what? Hey, where are you going?
161 Neil Bothwick
162
163 FINE: Tax for doing wrong. Tax: fine for doing fine.
164 Neil Bothwick
165
166 Ifyoucanreadthis,youspendtoomuchtimefiguringouttaglines.
167 Neil Bothwick
168
169 "Come on! It's a whole new life out there!"
170 "Oh, no. Not another one!"
171 Neil Bothwick
172
173 It must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
174 Neil Bothwick
175
176 HANDLE WITH EXTREME CARE: This Amiga contains minute electrically charged
177 particles moving at velocities in excess of five hundred million miles per
178 hour.
179 Neil Bothwick
180
181 He does the work of 3 Men...Moe, Larry & Curly
182 Neil Bothwick
183
184 The trouble with the world is that everybody in it is three drinks behind.
185 Neil Bothwick
186
187 The facts, although interesting, are usually irrelevant.
188 Neil Bothwick
189
190 Without Time Everything Would Happen At Once!
191 Neil Bothwick
192
193 The box said 'needs Win95 or better' so I bought an Amiga.
194 Neil Bothwick
195
196 I've got the taglines if you've got the time!
197 Neil Bothwick
198
199 Who needs rational when your toes curl up?
200 Neil Bothwick
201
202 "Bother," said Pooh, as he pulled the alien face-hugger off.
203 Neil Bothwick
204
205 And then Adam said, "What's a headache?
206 Neil Bothwick
207
208 If you smoke after sex, you're doing it too fast.
209 Neil Bothwick
210
211 UNIX is the OS of the future and always will be...
212 Neil Bothwick
213
214 If at first you don't succeed, give up. No use being a damn fool.
215 Neil Bothwick
216
217 NOTE: The most fundamental particles in your computer are held together
218 by a "glueing" force about which little is known and whose adhesive power
219 cannot therefore be permanently guaranteed.
220 Neil Bothwick
221
222 "But, I DO know everything." - Q.
223 Neil Bothwick
224
225 It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm
226 really quite busy.
227 Neil Bothwick
228
229 Is it a bigger crime to rob a bank or to open one?
230 Neil Bothwick
231
232 MIPS: Meaningless Indication of Processor Speed
233 Neil Bothwick
234
235 There are two standards for anything...
236 One for the U.S. and one for the rest of the world.
237 Neil Bothwick
238
239 Me? FAT? No, just horizontally disproportionate...
240 Neil Bothwick
241
242 In a country of free speech, why are there phone bills?
243 Neil Bothwick
244
245 Death is a nonmaskable interrupt.
246 Neil Bothwick
247
248 Back Up My Hard Drive? How do I Put it in Reverse?
249 Neil Bothwick
250
251 How do you know when it's time to tune your bagpipes?
252 Neil Bothwick
253
254 I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don't give a damn.
255 Neil Bothwick
256
257 without C people would code in Basi, Pasal and Obol
258 Neil Bothwick
259
260 File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)
261 Neil Bothwick
262
263 Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off NOW!
264 Neil Bothwick
265
266 What if there were no hypothetical situations?
267 Neil Bothwick
268
269 I spilled Spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.
270 Neil Bothwick
271
272 Familiarity breeds attempt
273 Neil Bothwick
274
275 Soooo... We are in Law Enforcment. -Worf-
276 Neil Bothwick
277
278 Boss spelled backwards is "double-SOB"
279 Neil Bothwick
280
281 And all the Borg left was this copy of System 7...
282 Neil Bothwick
283
284 Once upon a time, I couldn't fit all I wanted to say on a tagline, but n
285 Neil Bothwick
286
287 Snacktrek, n.:
288 The peculiar habit, when searching for a snack, of constantly
289 returning to the refrigerator in hopes that something new will have
290 materialized.
291 Neil Bothwick
292
293 Me, indecisive? I'm not so sure about that.
294 Neil Bothwick
295
296 DOS: Defunct Operating System
297 Neil Bothwick
298
299 If the cops arrest a mime, do they tell her she has the right to remain
300 silent? Neil Bothwick
301
302 How do "Do not walk on the grass" signs get there?
303 Neil Bothwick
304
305 What do you have when you have six lawyers buried up to their necks in
306 sand? Not enough sand.
307 Neil Bothwick
308
309 Modesty Becomes You. Try It More Often.
310 Neil Bothwick
311
312 Thesaurus: ancient reptile with an excellent vocabulary
313 Neil Bothwick
314
315 If it ain't broke, wait a day or two!!
316 Neil Bothwick
317
318 Uhura: Captain, you're being flamed on channel one.
319 Neil Bothwick
320
321 8088 = model T Ford. Pentium = supercharged 400 horsepower model T Ford.
322 Neil Bothwick
323
324 If you can smile when things go wrong then you have someone in mind to
325 blame. Neil Bothwick
326
327 Another casualty of applied metaphysics.
328 Neil Bothwick
329
330 If you like this tagline, call 1-800-TAGS'R'US
331 Neil Bothwick
332
333 Beware of geeks bearing GIF's
334 Neil Bothwick
335
336 Orcs aren't all that bad... if you have plenty of ketchup.
337 Neil Bothwick
338
339 If it doesn't fit, you're not using a big enough hammer.
340 Neil Bothwick
341
342 Any given program will expand to fill available memory.
343 Neil Bothwick
344
345 Portable: Survives system reboot.
346 Neil Bothwick
347
348 Are you sure this isn't the time for a colorful metaphor?
349 Neil Bothwick
350
351 If it ain't broke, break it and charge for repair.
352 Neil Bothwick
353
354 Be nice to moderators. They HATE that!
355 Neil Bothwick
356
357 One-seventh of life is spent on Monday.
358 Neil Bothwick
359
360 Klingons do NOT sweat! They perspire with honour!
361 Neil Bothwick
362
363 "Bother," said Pooh, "Eeyore, ready two photon torpedoes and lock
364 phasers on the Heffalump, Piglet, meet me in transporter room three"
365 Neil Bothwick
366
367 Remember, UNIX spelled backwards is XINU.
368 Neil Bothwick
369
370 Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
371 Neil Bothwick
372
373 Two is not equal to three, even for large values of two.
374 Neil Bothwick
375
376 DANGER! DANGER! Computer store ahead...hide wallet.
377 Neil Bothwick
378
379 If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
380 Neil Bothwick
381
382 Old programmers never die; they just branch to a new address.
383 Neil Bothwick
384
385 We can sympathize with a child who is afraid of the dark, but the
386 tragedy of life is that most people are afraid of the light.
387 Neil Bothwick
388
389 Mac screen message: "Like, dude, something went wrong."
390 Neil Bothwick
391
392 Why is the word abbreviation so long?
393 Neil Bothwick
394
395 IBM - Incredibly Bastardized Multitasking...
396 Neil Bothwick
397
398 I am not arguing with you, I'm telling you.
399 Neil Bothwick
400
401 As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing.
402 Neil Bothwick
403
404 Drive not ready: (R)etry (G)o to Impulse (C)all Engineering
405 Neil Bothwick
406
407 If at first you don't succeed, well...darn.
408 Neil Bothwick
409
410 I am Barney of Borg: I love you. You love me. We're a happy Borg.
411 Neil Bothwick
412
413 If the pen is mightier than the sword, and a picture is worth a thousand
414 words, how dangerous is a fax?
415 Neil Bothwick
416
417 Any given program will expand to fill available memory.
418 Neil Bothwick
419
420 (A)bort (R)etry (T)ake an axe to it?
421 Neil Bothwick
422
423 KPLA Klingon Radio : All glory, all the time!
424 Neil Bothwick
425
426 KPLA: Warrior's Radio! All the glory, all the time!
427 Neil Bothwick
428
429 I married your mother because I wanted children.
430 Imagine my disappointment when you came along.
431 Neil Bothwick
432
433 Blessed be the pessimist for he hath made backups.
434 Neil Bothwick
435
436 .sig? we don't need no stinkin' .sig!
437 Neil Bothwick
438
439 I am NOT Paranoid! And why are you always watching me??
440 Neil Bothwick
441
442 In an atomic war, all men will be cremated equal.
443 Neil Bothwick
444
445 I'd prefer the non-smoking lifeboat, please.
446 Neil Bothwick
447
448 A real programmer never documents his code.
449 It was hard to make, it should be hard to read
450 Neil Bothwick
451
452 After a number of decimal places, nobody gives a damn.
453 Neil Bothwick
454
455 Reality is an obstacle to hallucination.
456 Neil Bothwick
457
458 And all the Borg left was this darn PC Clone...
459 Neil Bothwick
460
461 If you think you know what I am saying, you must misunderstand
462 Neil Bothwick
463
464 BORG spreadsheet program: Locutus 1-2-3.
465 Neil Bothwick
466
467 PENTIUM: Produces Erroneous Numbers Thru Incorrect Understanding of
468 Mathematics Neil Bothwick
469
470 The careful application of terror is also a form of communication.
471 Neil Bothwick
472
473 I have a mind like a steel...uh...thingamajig...
474 Neil Bothwick
475
476 Q. How many mice does it take to screw in a light bulb?
477 A. Only two - but it's difficult to get them in there.
478 Neil Bothwick
479
480 To poldly bow air mobius gumby four: Trek on novocaine.
481 Neil Bothwick
482
483 I thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel...
484 but it was just some sod with a torch bringing me more work!
485 Neil Bothwick
486
487 Read the docs? What a RADICAL concept!
488 Neil Bothwick
489
490 Daddy? What's this little red button for?
491 Neil Bothwick
492
493 I'm not tense, just terribly alert!
494 Neil Bothwick
495
496 ... ebius tagline. This is a moebius tagline. This is a mo ...
497 Neil Bothwick
498
499 "Did you sleep well?" "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
500 Neil Bothwick
501
502 ... if (pot.coffee == EMPTY) { programmer->brain = OFF };
503 Neil Bothwick
504
505 I've seen the procedure hundreds of times. - Qwark
506 Neil Bothwick
507
508 Fasten your seatbelt ... I wanna try something.
509 Neil Bothwick
510
511 I have nothing but respect for you, and not much of that.
512 Neil Bothwick
513
514 First Law of Laboratory Work:
515 Hot glass looks exactly the same as cold glass.
516 Neil Bothwick
517
518 Why is bra singular and pants plural?
519 Neil Bothwick
520
521 You couldn't get a job as a firing squad target.
522 Neil Bothwick
523
524 Jimmy Hoffa is buried here ------> X
525 Neil Bothwick
526
527 Boss spelled backwards is "double-SOB"
528 Neil Bothwick
529
530 "Have you lived in this village all your life?"
531 "No, not yet."
532 Neil Bothwick
533
534 Don't count the days, make the days count.
535 Neil Bothwick
536
537 Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on the earth.
538 Neil Bothwick
539
540 Don't let your mind wander, it's too little to be let out alone.
541 Neil Bothwick
542
543 UNIX is the OS of the future and always will be...
544 Neil Bothwick
545
546 Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers
547 believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."
548 Neil Bothwick
549
550 Monday is the root of all evil!
551 Neil Bothwick
552
553 One-seventh of life is spent on Monday.
554 Neil Bothwick
555
556 Just when my ship comes in, it's the Kobyashi Maru.
557 Neil Bothwick
558
559 Be nice to moderators. They HATE that!
560 Neil Bothwick
561
562 PENTIUM: Produces Erroneous Numbers Thru Incorrect Understanding of
563 Mathematics Neil Bothwick
564
565 Don't put all your hypes in one home page.
566 Neil Bothwick
567
568 Modesty Becomes You. Try It More Often.
569 Neil Bothwick
570
571 Why doesn't onomatopoeia sound like what it means?
572 Neil Bothwick
573
574 "Bother," said Pooh, when he read his AIDS test results.
575 Neil Bothwick
576
577 "Be strict when sending and tolerant when receiving."
578 RFC 1958 - Architectural Principles of the Internet - section 3.9
579 Neil Bothwick
580
581 Why is it a that a fool and his money never appear when you need a loan?
582 Neil Bothwick
583
584 I have nothing but respect for you, and not much of that.
585 Neil Bothwick
586
587 Windows 3.2 will be released when 3.1 finishes loading.
588 Neil Bothwick
589
590 "Bother," said Pooh, more from force of habit than anything else.
591 Neil Bothwick
592
593 File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)
594 Neil Bothwick
595
596 Success is making it to the top of the food chain!
597 Neil Bothwick
598
599 My wallet's cache is disabled.
600 Neil Bothwick
601
602 Always remember to pillage before you burn.
603 Neil Bothwick
604
605 Southern DOS: Y'all reckon? (Yep/Nope)
606 Neil Bothwick
607
608 Click..Click..Click..Damn! Out of taglines!
609 Neil Bothwick
610
611 Diagonally parked in a head-on universe...
612 Neil Bothwick
613
614 TERROR: A female Klingon with PMS.
615 Neil Bothwick
616
617 A closed mouth gathers no foot.
618 Neil Bothwick
619
620 Protect your software at all costs -- all else is meat.
621 Neil Bothwick
622
623 Southern DOS: Y'all reckon? (Yep/Nope)
624 Neil Bothwick
625
626 Electric chairs are period furniture: they end a sentence
627 Neil Bothwick
628
629 Evolution stops when stupidity is no longer fatal!
630 Neil Bothwick
631
632 "Bother" said POOH, reloading.
633 Neil Bothwick
634
635 Sigh - An amplifier for people who suffer in silence
636 Neil Bothwick
637
638 Daddy? What's this little red button for?
639 Neil Bothwick
640
641 Excuse me for butting in, but I'm interrupt-driven.
642 Neil Bothwick
643
644 "Bad dog! Leave that wire alone.....click.....###@*##....NO TERRIER
645 Neil Bothwick
646
647 The opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth. *
648 Bohr Neil Bothwick
649
650 Beware of geeks bearing GIF's
651 Neil Bothwick
652
653 --T-A+G-L-I+N-E--+M-E-A+S-U-R+I-N-G+--G-A+U-G-E--
654 Neil Bothwick
655
656 As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing.
657 Neil Bothwick
658
659 SUBLIMINALsendmoneyTAGLINE
660 Neil Bothwick
661
662 I am Locutus of Borg; your tagline will be assimilated!
663 Neil Bothwick
664
665 An unemployed Court Jester is nobody's fool.
666 Neil Bothwick
667
668 I don't work here. I'm a consultant.
669 Neil Bothwick
670
671 DANGER! DANGER! Computer store ahead...hide wallet.
672 Neil Bothwick
673
674 Welcome to the ninth dimension. Small, isn't it?
675 Neil Bothwick
676
677 I don't work here. I'm a consultant.
678 Neil Bothwick
679
680 An example of hard water is ice.
681 Neil Bothwick
682
683 McBorg: Over 50 million assimilated!
684 Neil Bothwick
685
686 In an atomic war, all men will be cremated equal.
687 Neil Bothwick
688
689 Committee (noun): A life form with six or more legs and no brain.
690 Neil Bothwick
691
692 The law of Probability Dispersal decrees that whatever it is that hits
693 the fan will not be evenly distributed.
694 Neil Bothwick
695
696 "Bother," said Pooh, as he put his finger in the mains socket.
697 Neil Bothwick
698
699 There's no place like http://www.home.com
700 Neil Bothwick
701
702 "Vamoose you little varmit!" - Data:"A Fistfull of Datas"
703 Neil Bothwick
704
705 I'd prefer the non-smoking lifeboat, please.
706 Neil Bothwick
707
708 Sex is hereditary. If your parents never had it, chances are you wont
709 either. - Neil Bothwick
710
711 Why do they call it a TV set when you only get one?
712 Neil Bothwick
713
714 I don't know what makes you tick but I wish it was a time bomb.
715 Neil Bothwick
716
717 No maintenance: Impossible to fix.
718 Neil Bothwick
719
720 Sevareid`s Law: The chief cause of problems is solutions.
721 Neil Bothwick
722
723 Home is where you hang your @.
724 Neil Bothwick
725
726 I'm not tense, just terribly alert!
727 Neil Bothwick
728
729 Shell to DOS... Shell to DOS... DOS, do you copy? Shell to DOS...
730 Neil Bothwick
731
732 Evolution stops when stupidity is no longer fatal!
733 Neil Bothwick
734
735 Tagline file empty. Please refill the bit bucket.
736 Neil Bothwick
737
738 "Bother," said Pooh as he farted in front of a badly placed candle
739 Neil Bothwick
740
741 Windows 3.2 will be released when 3.1 finishes loading.
742 Neil Bothwick
743
744 And all the Borg left was this copy of Windows...
745 Neil Bothwick
746
747 Windows will never cease.
748 Neil Bothwick
749
750 Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
751 Neil Bothwick
752
753 . <-Stealth Tagline
754 Neil Bothwick
755
756 "Vamoose you little varmit!" - Data:"A Fistfull of Datas"
757 Neil Bothwick
758
759 Room service? Send up a larger room.
760 Neil Bothwick
761
762 Last one out, turn off the computer!
763 Neil Bothwick
764
765 Normality is restored. Any problems remaining are your own.
766 Neil Bothwick
767
768 An unemployed Court Jester is nobody's fool.
769 Neil Bothwick
770
771 Daddy? What's this little red button for?
772 Neil Bothwick
773
774 Mac screen message: "Like, dude, something went wrong."
775 Neil Bothwick
776
777 Modesty Becomes You. Try It More Often.
778 Neil Bothwick
779
780 And what else floats.....?
781 Neil Bothwick
782
783 All mail what i send is thoughly proof-red, definately!
784 Neil Bothwick
785
786 Overcome by jealousy, Data dismembers the Energizer Bunny
787 Neil Bothwick
788
789 Why do we park in driveways and drive on parkways?
790 Neil Bothwick
791
792 This man is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot
793 Neil Bothwick
794
795 Out of sorts? Heck, I'm out of *most* algorithms!
796 Neil Bothwick
797
798 Shatner, when the wig fell.
799 Neil Bothwick
800
801 All right, set phasers to deep fat fry!
802 Neil Bothwick
803
804 I don't eat snails. I prefer fast food.
805 Neil Bothwick
806
807 Cereal Killer Strikes Again! Cap'n Crunch found dead...
808 Neil Bothwick
809
810 I am Flatulus of Borg. Pull my finger.
811 Neil Bothwick
812
813 Paranoia: A healthy understanding of the nature of the universe.
814 Neil Bothwick
815
816 Stop the turbolift! Worf's carsick again...
817 Neil Bothwick
818
819 Virtue is it's own punishment.
820 Neil Bothwick
821
822 Aibohphobia: an irrational fear of palindromes.
823 Neil Bothwick
824
825 Try to be the best of whatever you are, even if what you are is no good.
826 Neil Bothwick
827
828 CAUTION: Do not install prior to installation.
829 Neil Bothwick
830
831 Anything is good and useful if it's made of chocolate.
832 Neil Bothwick
833
834 You have a tendency to feel you are superior to most computers.
835 Neil Bothwick
836
837 MICROSOFT: Most Intelligent Customers Realize Our Software Only Fools
838 Teenagers Neil Bothwick
839
840 We secretly replaced the dilithium with Folgers Crystals
841 Neil Bothwick
842
843 As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing.
844 Neil Bothwick
845
846 If you smoke after sex, you're doing it too fast.
847 Neil Bothwick
848
849 "Bother," said Pooh, as the Death Star exploded around him.
850 Neil Bothwick
851
852 By the time you can make ends meet, they move the ends.
853 Neil Bothwick
854
855 If nothing sticks to Teflon, how do they stick teflon on the pan?
856 Neil Bothwick
857
858 If your VCR still flashes 12:00 - then Linux is not for you.
859 Neil Bothwick
860
861 Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
862 Neil Bothwick
863
864 Press any key... no, no, no, NOT THAT ONE!
865 Neil Bothwick
866
867 File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)
868 Neil Bothwick
869
870 As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing.
871 Neil Bothwick
872
873 NOTE: The most fundamental particles in your computer are held together
874 by a "glueing" force about which little is known and whose adhesive power
875 cannot therefore be permanently guaranteed.
876 Neil Bothwick
877
878 Procrastinate now!
879 Neil Bothwick
880
881 I yam Popeye o'de Borg. Preparez ta be askimiligrated.
882 Neil Bothwick
883
884 Is fire supposed to shoot out of it like that?
885 Neil Bothwick
886
887 If you think you know what I am saying, you must misunderstand
888 Neil Bothwick
889
890 To poldly bow air mobius gumby four: Trek on novocaine.
891 Neil Bothwick
892
893 Evolution stops when stupidity is no longer fatal!
894 Neil Bothwick
895
896 "Bad dog! Leave that wire alone.....click.....###@*##....NO TERRIER
897 Neil Bothwick
898
899 WWW: World Wide Wait
900 Neil Bothwick
901
902 If the funeral procession is at night, do folks drive with their lights
903 off? Neil Bothwick
904
905 Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's
906 character, give him power. [Abraham Lincoln]
907 Neil Bothwick
908
909 I am MODERATOR of BORG. Follow the rules or be assimilated.
910 Neil Bothwick
911
912 Why do they call it a TV set when you only get one?
913 Neil Bothwick
914
915 If you like this tagline, call 1-800-TAGS'R'US
916 Neil Bothwick
917
918 Q. What have Windows and a tampon got in common?
919 A. They're both plug'n'play.
920 Neil Bothwick
921
922 Boss spelled backwards is "double-SOB"
923 Neil Bothwick
924
925 Two is not equal to three, even for large values of two.
926 Neil Bothwick
927
928 Facts are stubborn little bastards, be careful with them.
929 Neil Bothwick
930
931 Stupidity is NOT a handicap. You'll have to park elsewhere.
932 Neil Bothwick
933
934 It's only a hobby ... only a hobby ... only a
935 Neil Bothwick
936
937 "Not until you get rid of that WindowsNT, Dave."
938 Neil Bothwick
939
940 I'm not tense, just terribly alert!
941 Neil Bothwick
942
943 THIS IS A 100% MATTER PRODUCT. In the unlikely event that this computer
944 should contact Antimatter in any form, a catastrophic explosion will
945 result. Neil Bothwick
946
947 McBorg: Over 50 million assimilated!
948 Neil Bothwick
949
950 How do I set my laser printer to stun?
951 Neil Bothwick
952
953 Why doesn't onomatopoeia sound like what it means?
954 Neil Bothwick
955
956 A consultant is a person who borrows your watch, tells you what time it
957 is, pockets the watch, and sends you a bill for it.
958 Neil Bothwick
959
960 The opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth. *
961 Bohr Neil Bothwick
962
963 Room service? Send up a larger room.
964 Neil Bothwick
965
966 This message has been cruelly tested on sweet little furry animals.
967 Neil Bothwick
968
969 How do I set my laser printer to stun?
970 Neil Bothwick
971
972 NOTE: The most fundamental particles in your computer are held together
973 by a "glueing" force about which little is known and whose adhesive power
974 cannot therefore be permanently guaranteed.
975 Neil Bothwick
976
977 Scrute the inscrutable; eff the ineffable.
978 Neil Bothwick
979
980 Are parttime band leaders semi-conductors?
981 Neil Bothwick
982
983 If the post office has machines that can sort snail mail at 1000's of
984 times per minute, then why do they give it to a little old man on a bike
985 to deliver? Neil Bothwick
986
987 "Come on! It's a whole new life out there!"
988 "Oh, no. Not another one!"
989 Neil Bothwick
990
991 The Borg assimilated my race & all I got was this T shirt.
992 Neil Bothwick
993
994 Random access is the optimum of the mass storages.
995 Neil Bothwick
996
997 Remember that the Titanic was built by experts, and the Ark by a newbie
998 Neil Bothwick
999
1000 I'm really easy to get along with once you people learn to worship me.
1001 Neil Bothwick
1002
1003 I don't work here. I'm a consultant.
1004 Neil Bothwick
1005
1006 I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant.
1007 Neil Bothwick
1008
1009 Modulation in all things.
1010 Neil Bothwick
1011
1012 Ifyoucanreadthis,youspendtoomuchtimefiguringouttaglines.
1013 Neil Bothwick
1014
1015 ... Veni, Vidi, Visa - I came, I saw, I charged it.
1016 Neil Bothwick
1017
1018 I've been fishing with Salvador Dali, he used a
1019 dotted line and caught every other fish.
1020 Neil Bothwick
1021
1022 Try to be the best of whatever you are, even if what you are is no good.
1023 Neil Bothwick
1024
1025 BASIC: Bill's Attempt to Seize Industry Control
1026 Neil Bothwick
1027
1028 I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don't give a damn.
1029 Neil Bothwick
1030
1031 "" " """ " "" " """ <-- random quotes
1032 Neil Bothwick
1033
1034 OPERATOR ERROR: Nyah, Nyah, Nyah, Nyah, Nyah!
1035 Neil Bothwick
1036
1037 If you like this tagline, call 1-800-TAGS'R'US
1038 Neil Bothwick
1039
1040 "Good Enough" is the death knell of progress.
1041 Neil Bothwick
1042
1043 Duct tape is the just like the Force: it has a light side, a dark side,
1044 and binds the universe together.
1045 Neil Bothwick
1046
1047 I am Hamlet of Borg: prepare to be, or not to be...
1048 Neil Bothwick
1049
1050 Do not underestimate the power of the Force.
1051 Neil Bothwick
1052
1053 Unable to open TROUSER.ZIP - replace floppy and retry.
1054 Neil Bothwick
1055
1056 Windows NT. Nice Try or Not There?
1057 Neil Bothwick
1058
1059 The mechanic said I had blown a seal. I said, `Just fix the damn thing and
1060 leave my private life out of it, OK?'
1061 Neil Bothwick
1062
1063 There are two standards for anything...
1064 One for the U.S. and one for the rest of the world.
1065 Neil Bothwick
1066
1067 "Bother!" said Petro, as the momentum stopped.
1068 Neil Bothwick
1069
1070 If the pen is mightier than the sword, and a picture is worth a thousand
1071 words, how dangerous is a fax?
1072 Neil Bothwick
1073
1074 Why do they call it a TV set when you only get one?
1075 Neil Bothwick
1076
1077 Nobody's perfect and since I'm nobody...!
1078 Neil Bothwick
1079
1080 CAUTION: Do not install prior to installation.
1081 Neil Bothwick
1082
1083 Remember, UNIX spelled backwards is XINU.
1084 Neil Bothwick
1085
1086 How is it possible to have a civil war?
1087 Neil Bothwick
1088
1089 And all the Borg left was this darn PC Clone...
1090 Neil Bothwick
1091
1092 "Bother," said Pooh, as the media exposed his sexual depravity.
1093 Neil Bothwick
1094
1095 Why doesn't onomatopoeia sound like what it means?
1096 Neil Bothwick
1097
1098 Disc space -- the final frontier!
1099 Neil Bothwick
1100
1101 If you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail. *
1102 Maslow Neil Bothwick
1103
1104 For Sale: Positronic Brain-Found near S.F.-Needs Work
1105 Neil Bothwick
1106
1107 This man is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot
1108 Neil Bothwick
1109
1110 Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's
1111 character, give him power. [Abraham Lincoln]
1112 Neil Bothwick
1113
1114 Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
1115 Neil Bothwick
1116
1117 Johnson & Johnson have released Y2K Jelly.
1118 It allows you to use 4 digits where previously only 2 were used.
1119 Neil Bothwick
1120
1121 If it doesn't fit, you're not using a big enough hammer.
1122 Neil Bothwick
1123
1124 If only the good die young then what does that say about senior citizens?
1125 Neil Bothwick
1126
1127 Politically Incorrect -- and damn proud of it!
1128 Neil Bothwick
1129
1130 If at first you don't succeed, you're about normal.
1131 Neil Bothwick
1132
1133 Multitasking: Reading in the bathroom.
1134 Neil Bothwick
1135
1136 It must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
1137 Neil Bothwick
1138
1139 I'm not broke, I'm `financially challenged'.
1140 Neil Bothwick
1141
1142 Why isn't phonetically spelled that way?
1143 Neil Bothwick
1144
1145 ...context...
1146 Neil Bothwick
1147
1148 "Bother," said Pooh, as he started up DiskSalv
1149 Neil Bothwick
1150
1151 Not tonight dear, I have a Modem!!!
1152 Neil Bothwick
1153
1154 If the cops arrest a mime, do they tell her she has the right to remain
1155 silent? Neil Bothwick
1156
1157 Out of body, be back in five minutes.
1158 Neil Bothwick
1159
1160 "Bother," said Christopher Robin, as Pooh got out the vaseline.
1161 Neil Bothwick
1162
1163 Unsolicited advice is the junk mail of life
1164 Neil Bothwick
1165
1166 If I want your opinion, I'll ask you to fill out the necessary form.
1167 Neil Bothwick
1168
1169 Paranoia: A healthy understanding of the nature of the universe.
1170 Neil Bothwick
1171
1172 An expert is nothing more than an ordinary person away from home.
1173 Neil Bothwick
1174
1175 I'd prefer the non-smoking lifeboat, please.
1176 Neil Bothwick
1177
1178 The careful application of terror is also a form of communication.
1179 Neil Bothwick
1180
1181 I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory.
1182 Neil Bothwick
1183
1184 I don't work here. I'm a consultant.
1185 Neil Bothwick
1186
1187 A phaser is the universal communicator. þ Worf
1188 Neil Bothwick
1189
1190 This signature project was my last, best hope to seem eloquent. It failed.
1191 But in the year of Decency In Communications Act, it became something
1192 greater. My last, best hope for satire. The year is 1997. The Place:
1193 Babbling On Pine. Neil Bothwick
1194
1195 Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.
1196 Neil Bothwick
1197
1198 Stop metricationists! They are demanding their 454 grammes of flesh,
1199 and if we give them 2.54 centimetres they'll take 1.609 kilometres!
1200 Neil Bothwick
1201
1202 Back Up My Hard Drive? I Can't Find The Reverse Switch!
1203 Neil Bothwick
1204
1205 Without Time Everything Would Happen At Once!
1206 Neil Bothwick
1207
1208 "Have you lived in this village all your life?"
1209 "No, not yet."
1210 Neil Bothwick
1211
1212 And all the Borg left was this darn Macintosh...
1213 Neil Bothwick
1214
1215 Windows Error:01F Reserved for future mistakes.
1216 Neil Bothwick
1217
1218 Never drink coffee that's been anywhere near a fish.
1219 Neil Bothwick
1220
1221 DOS never says "EXCELLENT command or filename"...
1222 Neil Bothwick
1223
1224 Warp 5.. engage. No, no, Mr. Data, more clutch!
1225 Neil Bothwick
1226
1227 Get your grubby hands off my tagline! I stole it first!
1228 Neil Bothwick
1229
1230 MICROSOFT: Most Intelligent Customers Realize Our Software Only Fools
1231 Teenagers Neil Bothwick
1232
1233 Programming just with goto's is like swatting flies with a sledgehammer.
1234 Neil Bothwick
1235
1236 Crayons can take you more places than starships. * Guinan
1237 Neil Bothwick
1238
1239 Programming just with goto's is like swatting flies with a sledgehammer.
1240 Neil Bothwick
1241
1242 Quantum Physics: The dreams that stuff is made of
1243 Neil Bothwick
1244
1245 "Bother" said Rue, when Eeyore called him a sellout
1246 Neil Bothwick
1247
1248 Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.
1249 Neil Bothwick
1250
1251 If there is light at the end of the tunnel...order more tunnel.
1252 Neil Bothwick
1253
1254 I must have slipped a disk; my pack hurts.
1255 Neil Bothwick
1256
1257 I believe I will take this opportunity to remove my ears.
1258 Neil Bothwick
1259
1260 We secretly replaced the dilithium with Folgers Crystals
1261 Neil Bothwick
1262
1263 Plagarism prohibited. Derive carefully.
1264 Neil Bothwick
1265
1266 HANDLE WITH EXTREME CARE: This Amiga contains minute electrically charged
1267 particles moving at velocities in excess of five hundred million miles per
1268 hour.
1269 Neil Bothwick
1270
1271 Quantum Physics: The dreams that stuff is made of
1272 Neil Bothwick
1273
1274 To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is
1275 half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
1276 Neil Bothwick
1277
1278 Who needs rational when your toes curl up?
1279 Neil Bothwick
1280
1281 Duct tape is the just like the Force: it has a light side, a dark side,
1282 and binds the universe together.
1283 Neil Bothwick
1284
1285 The fact that no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist.
1286 Neil Bothwick
1287
1288 Nobody's perfect and since I'm nobody...!
1289 Neil Bothwick
1290
1291 First Law of Laboratory Work:
1292 Hot glass looks exactly the same as cold glass.
1293 Neil Bothwick
1294
1295 "I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them" - Asimov
1296 Neil Bothwick
1297
1298 Me, indecisive? I'm not so sure about that.
1299 Neil Bothwick
1300
1301 ASCII stupid question... get a stupid ANSI!
1302 Neil Bothwick
1303
1304 "Bother," said Christopher Robin, as Pooh got out the vaseline.
1305 Neil Bothwick
1306
1307 "How long is this Beta guy going to keep testing our stuff?"
1308 Neil Bothwick
1309
1310 "...And it's 'WORF', not 'Woof'". * Worf
1311 Neil Bothwick
1312
1313 Deliver a pizza? Whoever heard of a liver pizza?
1314 Neil Bothwick
1315
1316 Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.
1317 Neil Bothwick
1318
1319 Drink varnish and you'll have a lovely finish.
1320 Neil Bothwick
1321
1322 I am Superconductor Borg, assimilation resistance is futile.
1323 Neil Bothwick
1324
1325 Things are more like they are today than they ever have been before.
1326 Neil Bothwick
1327
1328 The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
1329 Neil Bothwick
1330
1331 I get enough exercise just pushing my luck.
1332 Neil Bothwick
1333
1334 Q. Why did the koala fall out of the tree?
1335 A. It was dead.
1336 Neil Bothwick
1337
1338 Beware of low-flying butterflies.
1339 Neil Bothwick
1340
1341 Don't be humble, you're not that great.
1342 Neil Bothwick
1343
1344 Me? FAT? No, just horizontally disproportionate...
1345 Neil Bothwick
1346
1347 This signature project was my last, best hope to seem eloquent. It failed.
1348 But in the year of Decency In Communications Act, it became something
1349 greater. My last, best hope for satire. The year is 1997. The Place:
1350 Babbling On Pine. Neil Bothwick
1351
1352 Custer was fitted for an Arrow shirt.
1353 Neil Bothwick
1354
1355 Hi, I'm not a signature virus. Why don't you just copy me into your
1356 signature? Neil Bothwick
1357
1358 Did you hear about the dyslexic devil worshiper?
1359 He sold his soul to Santa!
1360 Neil Bothwick
1361
1362 Power outage at a department store yesterday, Twenty people were
1363 trapped on the escalators.
1364 Neil Bothwick
1365
1366 "Bother," said Pooh, as he put his finger in the mains socket.
1367 Neil Bothwick
1368
1369 How do "Do not walk on the grass" signs get there?
1370 Neil Bothwick
1371
1372 "Bother", said Pooh, as his Harley's backend stepped out.
1373 Neil Bothwick
1374
1375 If you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail. *
1376 Maslow Neil Bothwick
1377
1378 You shall know the truth, and you shall freak.
1379 Neil Bothwick
1380
1381 Why is bra singular and pants plural?
1382 Neil Bothwick
1383
1384 Procrastinate now!
1385 Neil Bothwick
1386
1387 Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
1388 Neil Bothwick
1389
1390 Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
1391 Neil Bothwick
1392
1393 For Sale: Positronic Brain-Found near S.F.-Needs Work
1394 Neil Bothwick
1395
1396 Like Entropy, bugs can only be created, not destroyed.
1397 Neil Bothwick
1398
1399 Master of all I survey (at the moment, empty pizza boxes)
1400 Neil Bothwick
1401
1402 Do PAL taglines take up two scanlines?
1403 Neil Bothwick
1404
1405 Miracle worker, Doctor! I'm a dammit, not a jim.. no, scratch that...
1406 Neil Bothwick
1407
1408 Taglines are like cars - You get a good one, then someone nicks it.
1409 Neil Bothwick
1410
1411 And all the Borg left was this copy of OS/2...
1412 Neil Bothwick
1413
1414 Don't count the days, make the days count.
1415 Neil Bothwick
1416
1417 "Hey, dad, remember our car?" -- Calvin
1418 Neil Bothwick
1419
1420 For Sale: Positronic Brain-Found near S.F.-Needs Work
1421 Neil Bothwick
1422
1423 DOS never says "EXCELLENT command or filename"...