From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what made portage go fast again?
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 13:28:53
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 >A really really dumb bit of code in Portage itself was changed. See the
5 >gentoo-portage-dev list archives if you want technical details.
9 Is that the same reason it was sticking at 50% or so? If so there is a
10 thread about it on the forums too. I hope that fixed it. My old 200MHz
11 machine got a heck of a workout. LOL It took 30 minutes to go from 49%
12 to 51%. The rest wasn't much better. LOL
13
14 Later
15
16 Dale
19 To err is human, I'm most certainly human.
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list