From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] --depclean and python needed by scribus.
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 11:43:17
1 Hi folks,
2
3 Can someone tell me what this means?
4
5 root@smoker / # emerge -p --depclean
6
7 * Always study the list of packages to be cleaned for any obvious
8 * mistakes. Packages that are part of the world set will always
9 * be kept. They can be manually added to this set with
10 * `emerge --noreplace <atom>`. Packages that are listed in
11 * package.provided (see portage(5)) will be removed by
12 * depclean, even if they are part of the world set.
13 *
14 * As a safety measure, depclean will not remove any packages
15 * unless *all* required dependencies have been resolved. As a
16 * consequence, it is often necessary to run `emerge --update
17 * --newuse --deep @system @world` prior to depclean.
18
19 Calculating dependencies... done!
20 >>> Checking for lib consumers...
21 >>> Assigning files to packages...
22 * In order to avoid breakage of link level dependencies, one or more
23 * packages will not be removed. This can be solved by rebuilding the
24 * packages that pulled them in.
25 *
26 * dev-lang/python-2.5.4-r3 pulled in by:
27 * app-office/scribus-1.3.3.11
28 *
29 >>> Adding lib providers to graph...
30 \
31 Calculating dependencies... done!
34 I have re-compiled scribus about three times now. I have also ran
35 python-updater a few times and it just keeps rebuilding scribus and
36 boost in a endless loop. What am I missing here?
37
38 Thanks.
39
40 Dale