From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Copying USB->USB: sync after every file
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 01:14:44
1 On Sat, Jan 28, 2017 at 11:56:03PM +0000, Mick wrote:
2 > On Saturday 28 Jan 2017 23:55:05 Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
3 >
4 > > Well, I created a test user, which is only member of the audio and video
5 > > groups. With that, I do get the arrow button which is also able to mount the
6 > > media. But it also gets “Access denied” when I click on the Dolphin item.
7 > > So it’s not a permission thing per se. More like a settings problem with my
8 > > KDE (funnily enough on both my machines). *sigh*
9 >
10 > Add your user to group plugdev, reboot and try again.
11
12 Adding myself to that group is one of the first things I learned and
13 remembered from when I dived into the Gentoo world. ;-)
16 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
17 Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any social network.
18
19 A nap behind the wheel saves from getting old.