From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: gmail smtp overwrites the sender
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 15:01:12
1 On 11/03/12 16:41, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2012-03-10, Andr??s Cs??nyi<sayusi.ando@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> I would like to ask some help! I would like to use gmail smtp to send
5 >> my email from my domain which is sayusi.hu, and the email address is
6 >> sayusi.ando@××××××.hu. Unfortunately, gmail smtp always overwrite the
7 >> sender email address.
8 >
9 > Indeed it does. AFAICT, there's nothing you can do about it.
10 >
11 >> If I would like to subscribe for a mailing list with this email
12 >> address and the email is sent from my local machine the respond
13 >> always comes to my gmail address which used to authenticate.
14 >
15 > That's how gmail works. It always forces the "from" address to be
16 > your gmail account.
17
18 It doesn't. It works OK here. I think the OP means the "Sender", not
19 the "From:" address.