From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: gmail smtp overwrites the sender
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 14:43:18
1 On 2012-03-10, Andr??s Cs??nyi <sayusi.ando@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I would like to ask some help! I would like to use gmail smtp to send
4 > my email from my domain which is sayusi.hu, and the email address is
5 > sayusi.ando@××××××.hu. Unfortunately, gmail smtp always overwrite the
6 > sender email address.
7
8 Indeed it does. AFAICT, there's nothing you can do about it.
9
10 > If I would like to subscribe for a mailing list with this email
11 > address and the email is sent from my local machine the respond
12 > always comes to my gmail address which used to authenticate.
13
14 That's how gmail works. It always forces the "from" address to be
15 your gmail account. IIRC, there's supposed to be a way to set the
16 "reply-to" address to a different address as long as that address is
17 one of the one's you have "authenticated".
18
19 > I have tried to set up my gmail account but doesn't matter what the
20 > setup is the sender always will be overwrite. Do you know any
21 > solution for this?
22
23 I don't think there is a solution other than use a different SMTP
24 server.
27 Grant