From: Xi Shen <davidshen84@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] normal user do not have access to usb, and many other things
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 11:28:39
1 On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 5:05 PM, Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.edu> wrote:
2 > I am rather curious what application you are using to get battery
3 > information that requires it being root.
4 >
5 > /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/state is 0444 on my netbook/laptop since
6 > forever. I just use a bash function to parse it and display it on my
7 > ${PS1}.
10 my laptop is thinkpad t61, and i do not have /proc/acpi/battery/BATO/state... :(
11
12 now i have a damn wired good news. all the problems i talked about are
13 gone. :) i can access my usb disk, i can see the battery info.
14
15 yesterday, after i have joined those groups, i did not restart my
16 system. i just exit X, and log off, then log on, and i did not able to
17 access those resources. but today, after a cold start up, all the
18 problems are fixed without touching any configuration.
19
20 i think this is just a group and permission issue.
24 Best Regards,
25 David Shen
26
27 http://twitter.com/davidshen84/