From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] normal user do not have access to usb, and many other things
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:06:16
1 On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 09:21:06AM +0800, Xi Shen wrote:
2 > i kanda thought about that for the usb stuff. but i have not resolve
3 > it. may be i also need the pmout package to allow me to mount the usb
4 > disk?
5 >
6 > the big problem now is the battery information. i really have no idea
7 > where to look for it. it is really dangerous to us a laptop without
8 > knowing when the battery will die.
9
10 I am rather curious what application you are using to get battery
11 information that requires it being root.
12
13 /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/state is 0444 on my netbook/laptop since
14 forever. I just use a bash function to parse it and display it on my
15 ${PS1}.
16
17 W
18 --
19 Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
20 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
21 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton