From: 7v5w7go9ub0o <7v5w7go9ub0o@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: f-secure linux security 7.03 on gentoo?
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 16:37:44
1 Jarry wrote:
2 > Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
3 >> at a customers site they have some company-license for
4 >> f-secure-products. I run a mail-gateway there, using gentoo, it
5 >> runs amavisd which utilizes clamav and fsav ... (the customer
6 >> *wants* me to use both as he pays for the f-secure-licenses ...)
7 >
8 > What mail-server are your running there, may I ask?
9 >
10 > I'm trying to get amavisd-new working with sendmail, but it is rather
11 > difficult. There is only brief documentation with amavisd-new, I do
12 > not know how to modify sendmail start-up script. Any help from
13 > someone having experience with sendmail + amavisd-new would be
14 > appreciated. (sorry for stealing topic)
15 >
16 > Jarry
19 By some accountings (
20
21 <http://www.av-comparatives.org/comparativesreviews/main-tests>
22
23 <http://www.virusbtn.com/news/2008/09_02>
24
25 ), Avira/Antivir is one of the better if not best virus/Trojan signature
26 scanners out there.
27
28 1. It provides transparent on-access scanning. You stipulate which
29 directories should be considered, and it monitors them. Much easier,
30 IMHO, than fooling with agents and servers.
31
32 2. In addition to Windows signatures and heuristics, it includes
33 hundreds of Linux/Unix Trojan, rootkit, and virus signatures - so I also
34 scan user directories where browsers and mail clients work, and work
35 directories where stuff is downloaded and compiled.
36
37 3. It is remarkably easy to install - a script both installs the
38 scanner, and optionally builds the kernel module (dazuko) required to do
39 the on access scanning.
40
41 <http://www.free-av.com/en/download/download_servers.php>
42