From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] accented characters in KDE apps
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 11:29:40
1 Am Sonntag, 26. Februar 2012, 03:32:58 schrieb Philip Webb:
2 > In Gvim I can enter 'e-umlaut' via the keystrokes 'control-k e : ', ie ë .
3 >
4 > Kate has a Vi mode, which seems to reproduce Vim fairly well,
5 > but there's no sign of 'control-k' or any substitute.
6 >
7 > KDE System Settings has a menu for setting a compose key,
8 > but tests with 'left-control' & 'pause' in Konsole & Kate did nothing.
9 > I tried in Kate with Luxi Mono & Courier(IBM), Konsole with LM &
10 > Fixed(Misc). I don't have the KDE desktop pkgs installed, but use many apps
11 > & it shouldn't make a difference.
12 >
13 > Does anyone know if & how accented characters cb entered in KDE apps ?
16 http://userbase.kde.org/Tutorials/ComposeKey
17
18 Typing Macrons, Umlauts, Accents, ...
19 The compose key will be now whatever you have configured it to be, e. g. right
20 logo.
21 Macrons
22 compose + shift + hyphen then <vowel >
23 or
24 compose + underscore then <vowel >
25 -->
26 āēīōū ĀĒĪŌŪ
29 Umlauts
30 compose + shift + <single quote> then <vowel >
31 or
32 compose + <double quotes> then <vowel >
33 -->
34 äëïöü ÄËÏÖÜ
37 google is your friend.
41 #163933