From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Beyond-Gentoo question
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 17:13:11
1 James <wireless <at> tampabay.rr.com> writes:
4 > > "male_formed" ... sorry James, what does it mean...English isn't
5
6 << Very loud chuckle at myself....>>
7 Well English comprehension is not my first either ;-)
8 I did not realize you were quoting me, I thought (misread) that
9 as an compilation error general message.
10
11 SORRY....
12
13 Anyway, the advice stands; get the error messages combined with keywords
14 and go parsing (looking) through the sourcecode and/or googling, until
15 somethings looks worth investigation. {3D, zbuffer, <errors> etc>}
16
17 One only has to look here to realize Nvidia and ATI and Intel are
18 all making rapid changes, particulary related to 3D (which zbuffering)
19 is a big part of):
20
21 http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-surround-technology.html
22
23 From what I read Nvidia rapidly drops support for cards whilst
24 adding new features to the drivers, which only work with newer
25 card offerings.
26
27 Maybe try an old nvidia driver?
28
29 Sorry, Nvidia is in not my area of responsibility nor pleasure....
32 James