From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Beyond-Gentoo question
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 16:27:05
1 <meino.cramer <at> gmx.de> writes:
5 > I am using the propietary nvidia drivers. No problems since now exept
6 > for the use of makehuman.
7
8 I know nothing about nvidia....sorry, I stick with ATI....
13 > "male_formed" ... sorry James, what does it mean...English isn't my
14 > mothers tongue...does it mean something like "falsy compiled", "badly
15 > built"?
16
17 English is my first (and only language) and I'm not certain what
18 'male_formed' means exactly. MY guess is the author of that error message
19 either has too many things that could be wrong, or did not bother to
20 be more specific with drilling down into the nature of the error.
21 My suggestion is it would be best to ask the author of the error message,
22 if possible, look deep inside the code with a debugger, or use quite a few
23 keywords and go goolgling.....
24
25 If you can find where in the code (compiling etc) the error is generated
26 (maybe grepping the sourcecode for "male_formed", then that's a good
27 place to look deeply at the code to see what is going on.....? (WAG)
30 > Framebuffers? Hu? I thought, these wre only used when dealing with the
31 > bare console or when using X in cases there is no support for the
32 > graphics card. Please give me a hint here...
35 Another WAG here. Sometimes video games take complete control of the
36 video (FB).....?
37
38 > Is there something else...for example in xorg.conf to switch on or off
39 > to get this z-buffering working?
40
41 goolgling or wait for an experienced NVidia hack to help you.....
42 Video card vendors are often protective of exactly what various cards
43 are doing (in hardware) particularly related to 3D and such
44 advanced features.....
45
46 sorry I could not be more specific with the suggestions.
49 James