From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I really clean up gentoo?
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2016 20:11:54
1 On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 20:57:09 -0300, João Matos wrote:
2
3 > I'm used to clean /usr/portage/distfiles, /usr/src, but today, I've
4 > found many files of packages I no longer use at '/var/lib'. Plex
5 > folder, for instance, was taking 2GB. Some folders at /var/lib I don't
6 > even know if is still been used.
7
8 Portage only cleans up files it installed. So if you installed Plex,
9 added a few GB of movies and then uninstalled it, the movies are still
10 there. Portage cleans up after its actions, you have to clean up after
11 yours :-)
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Did you know that eskimos have 17 different words for linguist ?