From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Panning desktop on windows
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 17:25:02
1 On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 3:23 PM, Stroller
2 <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 >
4 > On 31 Jan 2009, at 21:10, Stroller wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>> ... Bigger than my
7 >>> monitor a fair bit so I'm able to pan around this monster by mousing
8 >>> to the screen edges which pans the rest into view. ...
9 >>
10 >> This is definitely available on Windows using 3rd-party apps.
11 >>
12 >> I'm pretty sure that - years ago - Matrox used to offer to install some
13 >> utility ... it opened a configuration window that offered options like this.
14 >
15 > I should have said I'm pretty sure that it offered EXACTLY this option.
16 >
17 > Stroller.
18
19 Yes, Matrox's drivers for OS/2 also allowed it, there was a hotkey to
20 control zoom, which included panning when not at 100%. Kind of like
21 ctrl-alt-+ in X, but not exactly because OS/2 didn't allow you to
22 change resolutions without rebooting (those were the days).