From: German <gentgerman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gummibootx64.efi OR bootx64.efi?
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 07:10:35
1 On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 01:47:52 -0500
2 Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Monday, March 02, 2015 12:11:51 AM German wrote:
5 > > Out of curiosity I looked into my /boot partition and found two .efi files.
6 > One is /boot/efi/gummiboot/gummibootx64.efi and another is
7 > /boot/efi/boot/bootx64.efi. I remember I've created /boot/efi/boot/bootx64.efi
8 > during install by copying kernel image file to it and supposedly it was for
9 > efibootmng. I think gummiboot has created its own gummibootx64.efi. Is that safe
10 > to delete */boot/bootx64.efi? Thanks
11 >
12 > It should be but the easiest certain way to find out is to move it and reboot,
13 > if the system doesn't boot then restore it. Also efibootmgr -v will show you
14 > which one you're using.
15
16 I didn't install efibootmgr at all. I am using gummiboot.
20 > --
21 > Fernando Rodriguez
26 German <gentgerman@×××××.com>