From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: my 5.15.93 kernel keeps rebooting
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 21:30:35
1 My problem is that the sender aborts netconsole, so there is nothing
2 to receive.
3
4 On Fri, 17 Feb 2023 15:13:52 -0500,
5 Mark Knecht wrote:
6 >
7 > [1 <text/plain; UTF-8 (7bit)>]
8 > On Fri, Feb 17, 2023 at 12:03 PM John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
9 > <SNIP>
10 > > Well, some progress, but no joy. I found actual messages from
11 > > netconsole and it seems no matter what device I put for the source,
12 > > netconsole says it doesn't exist. I tried my eno1, and also eth0 and
13 > > eth1. In my normal boot sequence, I see that udev renamed eth1 to
14 > > eno1, but netconsole still said it does not exist. So, I may have to
15 > > use the serial console method, I have to find my cables for that. I
16 > > did also try to add net.ifnames=0 to my boot options, but no joy
17 > > there.
18 > >
19 > > --
20 > > Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
21 > > How do
22 > > you spend it?
23 > >
24 > > John Covici wb2una
25 > > covici@××××××××××.com
26 >
27 > John,
28 > I did a bad job at trying to point you in this direction the other day,
29 > and in my testing I'm not sure how well it works. However another
30 > option you might investigate is on the receiving end you can
31 > apparently set the transmitter's IP address by using the
32 > transmitter's mac address. Supposedly you would execute
33 > something like the following, with extra spaces added
34 > for readability:
35 >
36 > sudo arp -s 192.168.86.244 90:e6:ba:10:a3:e7 temp
37 >
38 > which supposedly says 'when you see a packet with this
39 > mac address associate it with this IP address'. The temp
40 > part says don't add it to the permanent tables.
41 >
42 > After executing this you are supposed to be able to use tools
43 > that filter by IP address but I didn't have great results.
44 >
45 > Hope this helps,
46 > Mark
47 > [2 <text/html; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
50 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
51 How do
52 you spend it?
53
54 John Covici wb2una